The Digital Sappho
Text and Commentary
1 Leave a comment on paragraph 1 0 The Digital Sappho combines the elements of a traditional, printed commentary with the benefits of a digital format. The targeted audience is upper-level undergraduate and graduate level Greek students, but will be helpful for anyone translating Sappho into English from the original Greek, wanting access to the entire Sapphic corpus, identifying Sapphic meters, and conducting academic research.
How to use the site
- 2 Leave a comment on paragraph 2 0
- Table of Contents (left sidebar): easy access to specific fragments.
- Flip pages with the ← and → arrows
- The page for each fragment includes:
- Find assistance to the Aeolic dialect and Sapphic meters in the Introduction.
- Find an image bank and a bibliography at the bottom of the Table of Contents.